The 19th Annual Africa Energy Forum (AEF) will take place from 7-9 June 2017 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Nineteen years in the running, AEF brings together senior-level representatives from all corners of the energy value chain to form partnerships, identify opportunities and collectively move the industry forward.
AEF 2016 attracted 2,100 participants from 80 countries, 32 of those being African. In addition 5 major energy deals and mergers were announced, demonstrating the role of the conference as a platform for industry developments.
AEF in Denmark will explore the appetite for Nordic investments into Africa, as well as showcasing the technologies being utilised to manage cities cleanly and cost effectively – and the potential to transfer some of these examples to African nations.
Over 300 speakers are confirmed to date including 15 African Ministers:
- H.E. Hon Advocate Sadique Kebonang, Minister of Mineral Resources, Green Technology and Energy Security, Botswana
- H.E. Hon Professor Alpha Oumar Dissa, Minister of Energy, Mines and Quarries, Burkina Faso
- H.E. Hon Irene Muloni, Minister of Energy and Mineral Development, Uganda
- H.E. Hon Dr. Seleshi Bekele, Minister of Water, Irrigation and Electricity, Ethiopia
- H.E. Hon Obeth Kandjoze, Minister of Mines and Energy, Namibia
- H.E. Hon Amina Moumouni, Minister of Energy, Niger
- H.E Hon Ingele Ifoto, Minister of Energy and Hydraulic Resources, Democratic Republic of Congo
- H.E. Hon Ambassador Henry Macauley, Minister of Energy, Sierra Leone
- H.E. Hon David Mabumba, Minister of Energy and Water Development, Zambia
- H.E. Hon Senator Tsitsi Veronica Muzenda, Deputy Minister of Energy and Power Development, Zimbabwe
- H.E. Hon Basile Atangana Kouna, Minister of Water and Energy, Cameroon
- H.E. Hon Guy-Bertrand Mapangou, Minister of State in charge of Water and Energy, Gabon
- H.E. Hon Lantoniaina Rasoloelison, Minister of Water, Energy and Hydrocarbons, Madagascar
- Ministry of Energy, Mines and Sustainable Development, Morocco
- Ministry of Mineral Resources and Energy, Mozambique
- Honourable Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, Former Chairperson of the African Union Commission
13 Government Officials
30 Representatives from Country Utility and Power Pools
16 Regulatory Authorities.
What’s New for 2017?
Platinum Agenda – Platinum pass holders at this year’s AEF can take advantage of the exclusive Platinum Agenda stream running throughout the 3-day Forum. This stream allows top level investors and solution providers from around the world to engage in working roundtable conversations with high level government representatives to explore investment and project development solutions.
AEF Golf Day – AEF 2017 will host an exclusive Golf day at a premier international 18 hole golf course on 6th June- a fantastic opportunity to begin networking in an informal & relaxed environment.
Copenhagen City Cruise – Enjoy a enjoy a relaxing pre-conference cruise through the streets of Copenhagen, taking in the picturesque sights of Nyhavn & Christianshavn and the striking mix of old and new architecture that makes this city so unique.
Off Grid Village and Innovation Theatre – This year AEF will continue to build on the momentum within the off grid space, as increasing numbers of companies develop projects & technologies to reach rural communities not yet connected to the grid. A dedicated exhibition area and agenda stream will give a platform for companies to showcase innovative projects & technologies in front of an international audience of investors.